check it out!

FAQ Categories

join the mailing list

Name:

Email:

Subscribe  Unsubscribe 

announcement!

Mimpi jewelry can now be purchased exclusively at the Tongue In Chic Store! Lots of new designs available along with some old favorites. Check it out now.



Wednesday, January 2, 2008

About Me

Hi there stranger!

Here are a few things you should know...

  • I aim for cute sass and simplicity in my jewelry, and I never make anything that I wouldn't personally wear myself. I use a lot of hard to find vintage pendants and charms too, and there have been waaaay too many times when I've made things with the intention of putting it up for sale but just couldn't bear to part with it. Must learn how to break this habit someday...

  • Mimpi is Malay for Dream as the little bird explains above. I spent the better part of 2005/2006 musing and mulling that the name Mimpi is just perfect for a business that really started out as a dream.

  • I am based in Malaysia and proud to be a young Malaysian internet entrepreneur. Malaysia Boleh!

  • FYI, I have named the majority of my products with either common or traditional Malaysian names and words. I try to provide the English translation where possible for the benefit of any non-Malay speaking visitors out there (Selamat Datang or Welcome!).

  • I've always been in love with colors and design so when I discovered jewelry making 6 years ago while studying in Adelaide, I was instantly hooked. In jewelry making I found an outlet for my OCD (kidding!) and pent-up creativity plus near manic ability to buy all sorts of pretty, sparkly bits and pieces that I use in my jewelry.

  • I started selling online at my old blog PureMoon (a play on my name Murni which means Purity in Malay & an old high school nickname). I also used to sell my jewelry at Plaza Mont Kiara's Arts & Crafts Market every Sunday but have since stopped participating as I couldn't cope with my online orders and run a regular stall at the same time. Hey, a girl can only do so much! I now try to take part at least once a month in one of the many indie bazaars happening around KL. Check out my blog from time to time for updates or hey, join the mailing list!

  • I conduct a Jewelry Making Workshop at Sophia in Mont Kiara. I can also run private workshops for individuals and for corporations. Email me for more info.

  • Hmmm... what else can I tell you?? Well, first of all the blog is not just all about my jewelry. I like to share little snippets of my life, great online finds & sometimes I write about nonsensical things just to entertain myself. Variety is the spice of life right? Anyways, here are some random things about me: I love caramel (anything sweet and/or creamy come to think of it), I have a fascination for gadgets and gizmos, Russian Dolls, birds, lucky Japanese cats (otherwise known as Maneki Nero), I simply can not leave Kinokuniya without getting a book or some sort of Japanese stationery (a notebook, a pen, stickers, anything!), I'd be more than happy to set up camp in a bead or craft shop if they'd let me, I have been known to snort instead of laugh, stumble instead of walk and my neighbors must think I'm a crazy cat lady cos I feed the 10++ stray cats in my neighborhood. I am also the proud mama of two English Cocker Spaniels named Bowie and Yogi. They don't like the 10++ stray cats.
Need to ask me something? All that info not enough for you? Go ahead, drop me a line.

Here are some useful links:
How To Order
How To Make Payment
How Much Is Shipping
Contact Me
FAQ

And don't forget to check out my jewelry!
Earrings
Necklaces
Bracelets
and More!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi. Why aren't you on Etsy.com?

:)